Special Educational Needs
Children have special educational needs if they have a learning or emotional/behavioural difficulty that calls for special provision to be made for them.
Children have learning difficulty if they:
• Have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age
• Have a disability that prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age in schools within the area of the local education authority
• Ensure the necessary provision is made for any pupil with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and those needs are made known to all who work with the child
• Enable staff to identify and provide for pupils with SEND
* Actively engage parents and carers in your child's education at Grove
Please see our policies section for our latest policies on Accessibility, Special Educational Needs and Disability and our Looked After Children policy.
On 1st September 2014 Birmingham published their local offer setting out, in one place, a wide range of information about Special Educational Needs and the new Education, Health and Care ( EHC) Plans.
Information about the Birmingham offer can be found at:
The Grove School Offer and Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy can be found under school policies.
The school's Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) is Miss C Dowell (Assistant head teacher).
Miss Dowell can be contacted on 0121 464 4669 (to make an appointment) or by email email@example.com.
Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy September 2021
Special educational needs information September 2021
Support to families of children with SEND
Please find attached the information and advice that is available for families of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Children with disabilities and SEND
13.05.22 Please click here to read the May flyer for the Early Years CAT Parent Awareness Course
13.05.22 Please click here to read the May flyer for occupational Therapy