Attendance and Punctuality
Our Grove Expectations
Pupils, staff and parents are:
• Good listeners and thoughtful speakers
• Are honest and tell the truth
• Are kind and don’t hurt others or their feelings
• Respect all property
• Are supportive of others
• Always do our best
• We treat others as we would like to be treated
Mission statement: “Enjoy, learn, achieve”
Attendance – Our Vision
100% attendance for every child
At Grove School parents, children, staff and governors believe that:
• Every child is important to and is valued by the school
• The school has a commitment to providing the highest possible standard of pastoral care, guidance, support and education and this is harder to achieve if children have poor attendance/punctuality
• Good attendance and punctuality will prepare children for adult life
• We do not want children to experience feelings of isolation, being behind with work or being left out of school events.
It is therefore the responsibility of the whole school community to ensure all children attend school regularly and form good habits in punctuality.
Please click here to view the winners of the 10 day challenge
Grove School attendance policy ( click on link to open)
Late arrival and collection policy (click on link to open)
Whole school letter (click on link to open)
Grove School follow Birmingham City Council's attendance procedures for Fast Track to improve attendance and leave in term time. The guidance can be found below.
Fast Track to Improve Attendance.
These can be found at:
Information about the process school follows with regard to Leave in Term Time can be found at:
The Designated Liaison Person is Ms J. Baker
The lead administrator for attendance is Miss M Murphy
Elective Home Education
The school follows the Birmingham City Council policy for Elective Home Education.
This policy can be found at: www.grove.bham.sch.uk/parents/attendance.
Information from Birmingham City Council for parents can be found at:
Birmingham Local Authority encourages parents / carers to inform them directly of the withdrawal of a child from school, even though schools will also notify the local authority.
We request that parents inform the Head Teacher of their intent to home educate in writing.
For Birmingham City Council advice on school attendance please click here.