Deputy Head of Catering
Grade 2 - £20,812- £22,777 full time equivalent
Grove School, Dawson Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B21 9HB
Head Teacher: Ms Justine Baker
Hours: 32.5 hours weekly
We are looking to appoint a Deputy Head of Catering to join our highly motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking catering team.
This is a great opportunity for somone who enjoys working in a busy school environment, enjoys providing meals of a high quality for children and is able to motivate and lead the catering team.
As Deputy Cook, your responsibilities will include:
• Deputising for the Head of Catering
• Assisting with the day to day management of the catering arrangements at Grove School
• Assisting and contributing to the planning and control of all aspects of the school meal service
• Assisting the Head of Catering with menu planning
• To be aware of all legislation and support the Head of Catering in achieving these standards
• Aissisting in the preparation, presentation,serving of meals and other refreshments in line with school requirement
• Be computer-literate (Microsoft word and excel)
• Contribute to financial control of food,labour and non-food purchases
• Assisting with the setting up of dining room, including putting out furniture
• Willing to attend training sessions both in school and online
• To be aware of the pupils needs including dietary and allergen requirements.
You will need to be diligent, efficient and professional. It is essential that you have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• We are looking for someone with:
• Good people skills
• A passion for providing healthy food for children
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must hold a Level 3 Certificate in Food Safety
The hours required are hours daily, Monday – Friday (hours per week). The hours will be worked between 7.15am – 1.45pm and will be confirmed with the successful candidate.
Staff are required to work 3 cleaning days per year that will fall in the school holiday period.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Informal visit:Tuesday 3rd October 2023 at 9.30am
Please email Elaine Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your informal visit to Grove
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th October 2023 at 12:00pm
Interviews: Friday 20th October 2023
Please email your completed application form to email@example.com
Grove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. Successful applicants will need to provide the original copies of qualifications.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.
Job description & Person specification:
Please find below link to our Safegurading Policy & Employment of Ex-Offenders Policy
Employment of Ex-Offenders policy: