Year 6 Transfer to Secondary School in September 2023
Secondary Schools Allocation
The national offer day for secondary schools is Wednesday 1st March 2023.
You should therefore receive an offer of a secondary school for September 2023 for your child.
Birmingham City Council have the following information on their website:
National Offer Day 1st March 2023
• If you applied online and provided an email address, we will email you on 1st March 2023 to tell you which secondary school your child has been offered. We cannot guarantee the exact time you will receive your email, as this will depend on your service provider. However, we expect that you will receive your offer email by 4pm on Wednesady 1 March 2023.
• Please ensure you check your junk/spam folder for your email address you provided.
• We will also send you a formal offer letter that will be posted by 1st class post on Wednesday 1 March 2023. Please allow at least three working days for your letter to arrive.
• The offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made.
• Please do not contact Birmingham City Council before you receive the notification of your child’s school place. The School Admissions team will be unable to inform you by telephone what secondary school has been offered to your child until Monday 6th March 2023.
Accept the place offered
The formal offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made:
The deadline for acceptances is 15 March 2023.
You are strongly encouraged to accept the offer, so your child has a guaranteed place for September.
If you do not accept the place that has been offered to your child by 15 March 2023, the offer will be withdrawn and may be given to a child on the waiting list for that school.
Accepting the offer will not affect your child's waiting list position for any of your higher preference schools or influence the outcome of any appeal you may submit.
Waiting lists will be created three weeks following the offer of school places
Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered (unless your child did not achieve the qualifying score in the grammar school selection test).
Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.
The timescales for secondary admissions are detailed below: