Privacy Notice for parents/carers
The personal data we hold
Personal data we may collect, use, store and share (when appropriate) about pupils includes but is not restricted to:
• Contact details, contact preferences, data of birth, identification documents.
• Results of internal assessments and externally set test.
• Pupil and curricular records.
• Characteristics such as ethnic background, eligibility for free school meals, or special educational needs
• Exclusions information
• Details of medical conditions, including physical and mental health
• Attendance information
• Safeguarding information
• Details of support received, plans and support from other agencies
• CCTV images captured in school
We may also hold data about pupils and families we have received from other organisations, including other schools or settings, local authority departments, medical professionals, special needs agencies and the Department for Education.
Why we use this data
We use the data to:
• Support pupil learning
• Monitor and report on pupil progress
• Provide appropriate pastoral care
• Protect pupil welfare
• Assess the quality of our services
• Administer admissions waiting lists
• Carry out research
• Comply with the law regarding data sharing
The legal basis for using this data
We collect and use pupils’ personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we process it where:
• We need to comply with a legal obligation
• We need it to perform an official task in the public interest
Less commonly, we may also process pupils’ personal data in situations where:
• We have obtained consent to use it in a certain way
• We need to protect the individual’s vital interests (or some else’s interests)
Where we have obtained consent to use pupils’ personal data, this consent can be withdrawn at any time. We will make it clear when we ask for consent and we will explain how consent can be withdrawn.
Collecting this information
While the majority of information we collect about pupils is mandatory, there is some information that can be provided voluntarily.
Whenever we seek or collect information from you or your child, we will make it clear whether providing it is mandatory or optional.
How do we store this data
We keep personal information about pupils while they are attending Grove School. We may also keep it beyond their attendance at our school if this is necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We do not share information about pupils with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies all us to do so.
Please contact our data protection officer Miss E Mills (Deputy Headteacher) Telephone: 0121 464 4669 if you have a query, complaint or would like to make a subject access request.