Year 6 Transfer to Secondary School in September 2022
Secondary Schools Allocation
The national offer day for secondary schools is Tuesday 1st March 2022. You should therefore receive an offer of a secondary school for September 2022 for your child.
Birmingham City Council have the following information on their website:
National Offer Day 1st March 2022
• If you applied online and provided an email address, we will email you on 1st March 2022 to tell you which secondary school your child has been offered. We cannot guarantee the exact time you will receive your email, as this will depend on your service provider. However, we expect that you will receive your offer email by 4pm on Tuesday 1 March 2022.
• Please ensure you check your junk/spam folder for your email address you provided.
• We will also send you a formal offer letter that will be posted by 1st class post on Tuesday 1 March 2022. Please allow at least three working days for your letter to arrive.
• The offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made.
• Please do not contact Birmingham City Council before you receive the notification of your child’s school place. The School Admissions team will be unable to inform you by telephone what secondary school has been offered to your child until Monday 7 March 2022.
Accept the place offered
The formal offer letter will explain the process.
Waiting lists will be created three weeks following the offer of school places
Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered (unless your child did not achieve the qualifying score in the grammar school selection test).
Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.
The timescales for secondary admissions are detailed below:
1st March 2022 National Offer Day
29th March 2022 Deadline for submitting appeals
May and June 2022 Appeal hearings for appeals submitted on time
6th July 2022 Induction day at secondary school
31st July 2022 Round closes. Application to be made to school directly