Privacy Notice How we use pupil information
The categories of pupil information that we collect, hold and share include:
• Personal information (such as name, unique pupil number and address)
• Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and free school meal eligibility)
• Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
• Assessment information
• Medical information
• Special educational needs information
• Behavioural information
• Exclusions information
• Safeguarding information
• Pupil and curricular records
• Photographs to identify the pupil on the school’s management system
• CCTV images captured in school
We may also hold data about pupils we have received from other organisations, including other schools, local authorities and the Department for Education.
Why we collect and use this information
We use the pupil data:
to support pupil learning
to monitor and report on pupil progress
to provide appropriate pastoral care
to assess the quality of our services
to comply with the law regarding data sharing
to administer admissions waiting lists
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use pupil’s personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we process it where:
• We need to comply with a legal obligation
• We need to perform an official task in the public interest
In the case of photographs for display in school or on our school website, written consent will be sought. This consent can be withdrawn in writing at any time.
How do we store this data
We keep personal information about pupils while they are attending Grove School. We may also keep it beyond their attendance at our school if this is necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We do not share information about pupils with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies all us to do so.
Please contact our data protection officer Miss Emma Mills (Deputy Headteacher) Telephone: 0121 464 4669 if you have a query, complaint or would like to make a subject access request.